Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Actress Amala Akkineni, a Bengali can’t speak Bengali



Actress-turned-social activist Amala Akkineni does not know to speak Bengali. Well, for all those who do not know Amala's Bengali connection, here's it.

Amala Mukherjee (before marriage) was born in West Bengal to an Irish mother and a Bengali father. But the family soon shifted to Chennai where she was brought up. Talking about her Bengali roots, Amala says, "Yes, I am a Bengali but I am sorry I can't converse in Bengali," she says, adding, "I speak Tamil and Telugu better than Bengali. In fact, I can't really speak in Bengali, I can just understand.

I have grown up in Chennai, so I speak Tamil fluent. Then, I have worked both in the Tamil and Telugu industry and I am married to a Telugu actor (Nagarjuna), so I speak fluent Telugu too. Not many people know that I am a Bengali actually.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cine Door in FB