Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Danush's vengai - preview - vengai hits screen tomorrow ie. july 7th


Venghai is a commercial cocktail but laced with a strong message. It would be typical of my earlier movies. Dhanush plays an angry young man and his instincts are typical to that of a tiger and hence we chose to name the movie Venghai, says director Hari.
His next venture produced by Vijaya Productions has Dhanush and Tamannah as the lead pair. Rajkiran, Prakashraj and Ganja Kaurppu play pivotal roles. The story is set in Sivaganga district.
'When I was shooting for Singham in Sivaganga, the locals asked me why I have not made a movie on their lifestyle and culture. Hence it was a conscious decision on my part to pen the story of Venghai with Sivaganga as the backdrop,' the director says.
On his part, Dhanush says, 'Venghai is about a valorous father and son. It is a family-oriented theme with enough scope for romance and action. I play a brainy and brawny youth in the film. My character has a special mission to accomplish and that is what the movie is all about'.
Hari is working for the first time with Dhanush. Heaping laurels on the director, he says, 'he is very co-operative and articulate. I enjoyed working with him'.
'Tamannah has a major role to play in the film. She doesn't come, sing duets and disappear. She comes traditionally dressed all through the film and at the same time looks glamourous on screen', Hari says.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cine Door in FB